THE Y FOR
We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
Your YMCA is proud to offer financial assistance for those who qualify. Funding is provided from donations to the Annual Support Campaign.
Memberships and programs of the YMCA shall be available to all, regardless of age, sex, ethnic origin, or ability to pay. The membership assistance policy established by the YMCA Board of Management exists to accomplish that goal.
Applications for the financial aid program shall be reviewed to determine the need of applicants to participate in the desired program or membership. Please note: Two to four weeks are required to process scholarship applications
Those not able to pay the full fee may be awarded partial scholarship based on their demonstrated ability to pay, and the YMCA's ability to fund the aid. Assistance will be awarded to those who need it most.
Information on income, family size, and personal situations help us award scholarships in a fair and consistent manner on a case-by-case basis.
If you would like to apply for financial assistance for membership and/or programs, you can download a confidential application and information, or stop by the YMCA Membership Services desk for a copy.Please contact Joshua Law, firstname.lastname@example.org, 619-232-7451 with any questions or for more assistance.
Contact InformationDowntown YMCA
500 W. Broadway Ste. B,
San Diego, CA 92101
(located between Columbia & India street)
YMCA Membership Benefits
Facility use at the Downtown YMCA facility.
- Full access to four YMCA facilities: Downtown, Mission Valley, Hazard Center and Toby Wells
- Hundreds of free group exercise and mind/body classes per week
- Free F.I.T. 4 Me Program
- Free Wellness Center orientations
- Free Work-Sport-Life Sports Conditioning Program
- Free lap swim at Mission Valley and Toby Wells
- Free water exercise classes
- Free recreational swim
- Member rates on day camps, swim lessons, special interest classes, gymnastics, childcare, and youth sports
- Membership privileges in over 2,000 YMCA's across the United States through the AWAY Program.