We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
Hours of operation
A fitness membership at the Downtown YMCA includes full access to the following facilities:
Downtown YMCAM-F: 5:30am - 9pm
Sat: 8am- 1pm
Hazard Center YMCAM-F: 5am-10pm
Mission Valley YMCAM-Th: 4:30am-11pm
Toby Wells YMCAM-F: 5am-10pm
Financial AidThe heart of the YMCA's mission is to reach out and serve people of our communities at all economic levels. If your household income is less than $45,000, you may qualify for reduced membership pricing. For more information regarding the YMCA's Financial Assistance program download application here.
Frequent Y'r CardVisit the YMCA 11 times in 30 days and complete 1 special item to receive a t-shirt!
Your card will be entered into a drawing to receive a 6 Month Adult Membership at the Downtown YMCA!!
What are the special items?
- Nutrition/Exercise Log
- Email your YMCA story (600 to 1000 characters)
- One 12 Week Program session
- Work Sport Life session
- Personal Training session
- Fitness Assessment
- Volunteer at a Y event
- Donate to the Y
Contact InformationDowntown YMCA
500 W. Broadway Ste. B,
San Diego, CA 92101
(located between Columbia & India street)
YMCA Membership Benefits
Facility use at the Downtown YMCA facility.
- Over 200 free fitness classes per week
- Over 80 free yoga classes per week
- Free 12 Week Personalized Fitness Program
- Free Wellness Center orientations
- Free Work-Sport-Life Sports Conditioning Program
- Free Towel Service
- Free lap swim
- Free water exercise classes
- Free recreational swim
- Member rates on day camps, swim lessons, special interest classes, gymnastics, childcare, and youth sports
- Membership privileges in over 2,000 YMCA's across the United States through the AWAY Program.
- Special membership events
Our Child Watch services*, available for children 8 weeks to 11 years, are provided for parents while using the facility. Parents are required to remain on the premises while their child(ren) is in Child Watch. Children may attend Child Watch for a maximum of 2 hours per day.
*Child Watch service are available at the Mission Valley and Toby Wells facility.